The Top Ten Things I Wish I Knew Before I Left Home
10. Any and all compliments can be handled by simply saying "Why, thank you".
9. Some people are working backstage, some are playing in the orchestra, some are on stage singing, some are in the audience as critics and some are there to applaud. Know who and where you are.
8. Never give yourself a haircut.
7. When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste...when eating, take time to enjoy it.
6. Be more concerned about your character than your reputation... because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think of you.
5. You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
4. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship "I apologize" and "You are right."
3. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.
2. Learn to pick your battles; Ask yourself, 'Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?'
1. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!
-- Author Unknown